Topic Options
Rate This Topic
Hop to:
#337101 - 11/02/10 08:34 PM Inexpensive Orchiectomy Surgeons
EmmaCordelia Offline
New Girl

Loc: Dearborn Heights, MI
Hi everyone,

I'm looking to get an orchiectomy performed fairly soon. What are average prices in the US, and does anyone know of any surgeons with significatly cheaper rates? I live in a Michigan suburb about 10 miles from Detroit, but am willing to travel if it means saving some money.

Thank you!
Emma

#337115 - 11/03/10 02:50 PM Re: Inexpensive Orchiectomy Surgeons [Re: EmmaCordelia]
RachelMarie Offline
Twi'lek

I think Dr. Nguyen near Portland is pretty affordable. He requires the typical letters to proceed with surgery. I seem to remember a doctor in Michican using a burdizzo clamp for orchiectomy and I'm pretty sure it was about $1k. He wanted letters too though. Orchiectomy with McGinn or Bowers is about $3.5k if I remember correctly, but the good news is they put you under for it.

#337177 - 11/08/10 11:26 AM Re: Inexpensive Orchiectomy Surgeons [Re: RachelMarie]
EmmaCordelia Offline
New Girl

Loc: Dearborn Heights, MI
Thanks RachelMarie for the reply.

I didn't know very much about Dr Nguyen, thanks for bringing him up. Do you remember the name or city of the Michigan surgeon? I'm curious as to who it might be. And I think even if I could afford to go with Dr Bowers or McGinn, I'd still go the cheaper route, and use the saved money toward FFS.

I called up Dr Nguyen and a few other surgeons, and have decided to go with a different surgeon in the metro Detroit area--Dr Arnkoff. I compared him with Dr Nguyen, and they are indentical in pretty much every way, except Arnkoff does not require therapist letters, a major plus. Their prices are the same, as well--$1800 until the end of the year, increasing to $2k in January 2011. Since I won't have additional travel expenses, Arnkoff wins there, as well.

Both my therapist and another friend had their orchiectomies performed by Arnkoff, and were extremely satisfied with his technique and aftercare, so that cemented the decision. Now I just need to pull together the $1800--although I will have some assistance from my parents, thankfully.

Who's Online
0 registered (), 12 Guests and 2 Spiders online.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Whos Chatting?
Shout Box

Gallery Latest
Stylin'
Its been a while
An update
What I Look Like These Days 3
What I Look Like These Days 2