Get your copy now and support our work!
Get the learning materials:
- Get your copy: Finding Your Female Voice Digital Download.
- Download the free Finding Your Female Voice PDF Workbook.
- Use the Harvard Sentences below to practice.
Set up a spectrogram:
Spectrograms for Windows/PC
- Gram (recommended) – FREE
Spectrograms for Mac OS
iPhone / iOS spectrograms
- Voice Sonogram – FREE
- Version 1.0 only allows 3 seconds of recording.
One-on-one voice consultation
- Andrea offers one-on-one voice consultations for those who would like expert guidance
Find 220 Hz
This is the pitch you should aim for with your voice. Note: many people starting out hit 110 Hz (an octave lower) by mistake. Make sure you are at 220 Hz (the A below middle C on a piano keyboard). A spectrogram can help.
- The birch canoe slid on the smooth planks.
- Glue the sheet to the dark blue background.
- It’s easy to tell the depth of a well.
- These days a chicken leg is a rare dish.
- Rice is often served in round bowls.
- The juice of lemons makes fine punch.
- The box was thrown beside the parked truck.
- The hogs were fed chopped corn and garbage.
- Four hours of steady work faced us.
- Large size in stockings is hard to sell.
- The boy was there when the sun rose.
- A rod is used to catch pink salmon.
- The source of the huge river is the clear spring.
- Kick the ball straight and follow through.
- Help the woman get back to her feet.
- A pot of tea helps to pass the evening.
- Smoky fires lack flame and heat.
- The soft cushion broke the man’s fall.
- The salt breeze came across from the sea.
- The girl at the booth sold fifty bonds.
- The small pup gnawed a hole in the sock.
- The fish twisted and turned on the bent hook.
- Press the pants and sew a button on the vest.
- The swan dive was far short of perfect.
- The beauty of the view stunned the young boy.
- Two blue fish swam in the tank.
- Her purse was full of useless trash.
- The colt reared and threw the tall rider.
- It snowed, rained, and hailed the same morning.
- Read verse out loud for pleasure.
- Hoist the load to your left shoulder.
- Take the winding path to reach the lake.
- Note closely the size of the gas tank.
- Wipe the grease off his dirty face.
- Mend the coat before you go out.
- The wrist was badly strained and hung limp.
- The stray cat gave birth to kittens.
- The young girl gave no clear response.
- The meal was cooked before the bell rang.
- What joy there is in living.
- A king ruled the state in the early days.
- The ship was torn apart on the sharp reef.
- Sickness kept him home the third week.
- The wide road shimmered in the hot sun.
- The lazy cow lay in the cool grass.
- Lift the square stone over the fence.
- The rope will bind the seven books at once.
- Hop over the fence and plunge in.
- The friendly gang left the drug store.
- Mesh wire keeps chicks inside.
- The frosty air passed through the coat.
- The crooked maze failed to fool the mouse.
- Adding fast leads to wrong sums.
- The show was a flop from the very start.
- A saw is a tool used for making boards.
- The wagon moved on well oiled wheels.
- March the soldiers past the next hill.
- A cup of sugar makes sweet fudge.
- Place a rosebush near the porch steps.
- Both lost their lives in the raging storm.
- We talked of the slide show in the circus.
- Use a pencil to write the first draft.
- He ran half way to the hardware store.
- The clock struck to mark the third period.
- A small creek cut across the field.
- Cars and busses stalled in snow drifts.
- The set of china hit, the floor with a crash.
- This is a grand season for hikes on the road.
- The dune rose from the edge of the water.
- Those words were the cue for the actor to leave.
- A yacht slid around the point into the bay.
- The two met while playing on the sand.
- The ink stain dried on the finished page.
- The walled town was seized without a fight.
- The lease ran out in sixteen weeks.
- A tame squirrel makes a nice pet.
- The horn of the car woke the sleeping cop.
- The heart beat strongly and with firm strokes.
- The pearl was worn in a thin silver ring.
- The fruit peel was cut in thick slices.
- The Navy attacked the big task force.
- See the cat glaring at the scared mouse.
- There are more than two factors here.
- The hat brim was wide and too droopy.
- The lawyer tried to lose his case.
- The grass curled around the fence post.
- Cut the pie into large parts.
- Men strive but seldom get rich.
- Always close the barn door tight.
- He lay prone and hardly moved a limb.
- The slush lay deep along the street.
- A wisp of cloud hung in the blue air.
- A pound of sugar costs more than eggs.
- The fin was sharp and cut the clear water.
- The play seems dull and quite stupid.
- Bail the boat, to stop it from sinking.
- The term ended in late June that year.
- A tusk is used to make costly gifts.
- Ten pins were set in order.
- The bill as paid every third week.
- Oak is strong and also gives shade.
- Cats and dogs each hate the other.
- The pipe began to rust while new.
- Open the crate but don’t break the glass.
- Add the sum to the product of these three.
- Thieves who rob friends deserve jail.
- The ripe taste of cheese improves with age.
- Act on these orders with great speed.
- The hog crawled under the high fence.
- Move the vat over the hot fire.
- The bark of the pine tree was shiny and dark.
- Leaves turn brown and yellow in the fall.
- The pennant waved when the wind blew.
- Split the log with a quick, sharp blow.
- Burn peat after the logs give out.
- He ordered peach pie with ice cream.
- Weave the carpet on the right hand side.
- Hemp is a weed found in parts of the tropics.
- A lame back kept his score low.
- We find joy in the simplest things.
- Type out three lists of orders.
- The harder he tried the less he got done.
- The boss ran the show with a watchful eye.
- The cup cracked and spilled its contents.
- Paste can cleanse the most dirty brass.
- The slang word for raw whiskey is booze.
- It caught its hind paw in a rusty trap.
- The wharf could be seen at the farther shore.
- Feel the heat of the weak dying flame.
- The tiny girl took off her hat.
- A cramp is no small danger on a swim.
- He said the same phrase thirty times.
- Pluck the bright rose without leaves.
- Two plus seven is less than ten.
- The glow deepened in the eyes of the sweet girl.
- Bring your problems to the wise chief.
- Write a fond note to the friend you cherish.
- Clothes and lodging are free to new men.
- We frown when events take a bad turn.
- Port is a strong wine with s smoky taste.
- The young kid jumped the rusty gate.
- Guess the results from the first scores.
- A salt pickle tastes fine with ham.
- The just claim got the right verdict.
- These thistles bend in a high wind.
- Pure bred poodles have curls.
- The tree top waved in a graceful way.
- The spot on the blotter was made by green ink.
- Mud was spattered on the front of his white shirt.
- The cigar burned a hole in the desk top.
- The empty flask stood on the tin tray.
- A speedy man can beat this track mark.
- He broke a new shoelace that day.
- The coffee stand is too high for the couch.
- The urge to write short stories is rare.
- The pencils have all been used.
- The pirates seized the crew of the lost ship.
- We tried to replace the coin but failed.
- She sewed the torn coat quite neatly.
- The sofa cushion is red and of light weight.
- The jacket hung on the back of the wide chair.
- At that high level the air is pure.
- Drop the two when you add the figures.
- A filing case is now hard to buy.
- An abrupt start does not win the prize.
- Wood is best for making toys and blocks.
- The office paint was a dull sad tan.
- He knew the skill of the great young actress.
- A rag will soak up spilled water.
- A shower of dirt fell from the hot pipes.
- Steam hissed from the broken valve.
- The child almost hurt the small dog.
- There was a sound of dry leaves outside.
- The sky that morning was clear and bright blue.
- Torn scraps littered the stone floor.
- Sunday is the best part of the week.
- The doctor cured him with these pills.
- The new girl was fired today at noon.
- They felt gay when the ship arrived in port.
- Add the store’s account to the last cent.
- Acid burns holes in wool cloth.
- Fairy tales should be fun to write.
- Eight miles of woodland burned to waste.
- The third act was dull and tired the players.
- A young child should not suffer fright.
- Add the column and put the sum here.
- We admire and love a good cook.
- There the flood mark is ten inches.
- He carved a head from the round block of marble.
- She has st smart way of wearing clothes.
- The fruit of a fig tree is apple-shaped.
- Corn cobs can be used to kindle a fire.
- Where were they when the noise started.
- The paper box is full of thumb tacks.
- Sell your gift to a buyer at a good gain.
- The tongs lay beside the ice pail.
- The petals fall with the next puff of wind.
- Bring your best compass to the third class.
- They could laugh although they were sad.
- Farmers came in to thresh the oat crop.
- The brown house was on fire to the attic.
- The lure is used to catch trout and flounder.
- Float the soap on top of the bath water.
- A blue crane is a tall wading bird.
- A fresh start will work such wonders.
- The club rented the rink for the fifth night.
- After the dance they went straight home.
- The hostess taught the new maid to serve.
- He wrote his last novel there at the inn.
- Even the worst will beat his low score.
- The cement had dried when he moved it.
- The loss of the second ship was hard to take.
- The fly made its way along the wall.
- Do that with a wooden stick.
- Lire wires should be kept covered.
- The large house had hot water taps.
- It is hard to erase blue or red ink.
- Write at once or you may forget it.
- The doorknob was made of bright clean brass.
- The wreck occurred by the bank on Main Street.
- A pencil with black lead writes best.
- Coax a young calf to drink from a bucket.
- Schools for ladies teach charm and grace.
- The lamp shone with a steady green flame.
- They took the axe and the saw to the forest.
- The ancient coin was quite dull and worn.
- The shaky barn fell with a loud crash.
- Jazz and swing fans like fast music.
- Rake the rubbish up and then burn it.
- Slash the gold cloth into fine ribbons.
- Try to have the court decide the case.
- They are pushed back each time they attack.
- He broke his ties with groups of former friends.
- They floated on the raft to sun their white backs.
- The map had an X that meant nothing.
- Whitings are small fish caught in nets.
- Some ads serve to cheat buyers.
- Jerk the rope and the bell rings weakly.
- A waxed floor makes us lose balance.
- Madam, this is the best brand of corn.
- On the islands the sea breeze is soft and mild.
- The play began as soon as we sat down.
- This will lead the world to more sound and fury
- Add salt before you fry the egg.
- The rush for funds reached its peak Tuesday.
- The birch looked stark white and lonesome.
- The box is held by a bright red snapper.
- To make pure ice, you freeze water.
- The first worm gets snapped early.
- Jump the fence and hurry up the bank.
- Yell and clap as the curtain slides back.
- They are men nho walk the middle of the road.
- Both brothers wear the same size.
- In some forin or other we need fun.
- The prince ordered his head chopped off.
- The houses are built of red clay bricks.
- Ducks fly north but lack a compass.
- Fruit flavors are used in fizz drinks.
- These pills do less good than others.
- Canned pears lack full flavor.
- The dark pot hung in the front closet.
- Carry the pail to the wall and spill it there.
- The train brought our hero to the big town.
- We are sure that one war is enough.
- Gray paint stretched for miles around.
- The rude laugh filled the empty room.
- High seats are best for football fans.
- Tea served from the brown jug is tasty.
- A dash of pepper spoils beef stew.
- A zestful food is the hot-cross bun.
- The horse trotted around the field at a brisk pace.
- Find the twin who stole the pearl necklace.
- Cut the cord that binds the box tightly.
- The red tape bound the smuggled food.
- Look in the corner to find the tan shirt.
- The cold drizzle will halt the bond drive.
- Nine men were hired to dig the ruins.
- The junk yard had a mouldy smell.
- The flint sputtered and lit a pine torch.
- Soak the cloth and drown the sharp odor.
- The shelves were bare of both jam or crackers.
- A joy to every child is the swan boat.
- All sat frozen and watched the screen.
- ii cloud of dust stung his tender eyes.
- To reach the end he needs much courage.
- Shape the clay gently into block form.
- The ridge on a smooth surface is a bump or flaw.
- Hedge apples may stain your hands green.
- Quench your thirst, then eat the crackers.
- Tight curls get limp on rainy days.
- The mute muffled the high tones of the horn.
- The gold ring fits only a pierced ear.
- The old pan was covered with hard fudge.
- Watch the log float in the wide river.
- The node on the stalk of wheat grew daily.
- The heap of fallen leaves was set on fire.
- Write fast, if you want to finish early.
- His shirt was clean but one button was gone.
- The barrel of beer was a brew of malt and hops.
- Tin cans are absent from store shelves.
- Slide the box into that empty space.
- The plant grew large and green in the window.
- The beam dropped down on the workmen’s head.
- Pink clouds floated JTith the breeze.
- She danced like a swan, tall and graceful.
- The tube was blown and the tire flat and useless.
- It is late morning on the old wall clock.
- Let’s all join as we sing the last chorus.
- The last switch cannot be turned off.
- The fight will end in just six minutes.
- The store walls were lined with colored frocks.
- The peace league met to discuss their plans.
- The rise to fame of a person takes luck.
- Paper is scarce, so write with much care.
- The quick fox jumped on the sleeping cat.
- The nozzle of the fire hose was bright brass.
- Screw the round cap on as tight as needed.
- Time brings us many changes.
- The purple tie was ten years old.
- Men think and plan and sometimes act.
- Fill the ink jar with sticky glue.
- He smoke a big pipe with strong contents.
- We need grain to keep our mules healthy.
- Pack the records in a neat thin case.
- The crunch of feet in the snow was the only sound.
- The copper bowl shone in the sun’s rays.
- Boards will warp unless kept dry.
- The plush chair leaned against the wall.
- Glass will clink when struck by metal.
- Bathe and relax in the cool green grass.
- Nine rows of soldiers stood in line.
- The beach is dry and shallow at low tide.
- The idea is to sew both edges straight.
- The kitten chased the dog down the street.
- Pages bound in cloth make a book.
- Try to trace the fine lines of the painting.
- Women form less than half of the group.
- The zones merge in the central part of town.
- A gem in the rough needs work to polish.
- Code is used when secrets are sent.
- Most of the new is easy for us to hear.
- He used the lathe to make brass objects.
- The vane on top of the pole revolved in the wind.
- Mince pie is a dish served to children.
- The clan gathered on each dull night.
- Let it burn, it gives us warmth and comfort.
- A castle built from sand fails to endure.
- A child’s wit saved the day for us.
- Tack the strip of carpet to the worn floor.
- Next Tuesday we must vote.
- Pour the stew from the pot into the plate.
- Each penny shone like new.
- The man went to the woods to gather sticks.
- The dirt piles were lines along the road.
- The logs fell and tumbled into the clear stream.
- Just hoist it up and take it away,
- A ripe plum is fit for a king’s palate.
- Our plans right now are hazy.
- Brass rings are sold by these natives.
- It takes a good trap to capture a bear.
- Feed the white mouse some flower seeds.
- The thaw came early and freed the stream.
- He took the lead and kept it the whole distance.
- The key you designed will fit the lock.
- Plead to the council to free the poor thief.
- Better hash is made of rare beef.
- This plank was made for walking on.
- The lake sparkled in the red hot sun.
- He crawled with care along the ledge.
- Tend the sheep while the dog wanders.
- It takes a lot of help to finish these.
- Mark the spot with a sign painted red.
- Take two shares as a fair profit.
- The fur of cats goes by many names.
- North winds bring colds and fevers.
- He asks no person to vouch for him.
- Go now and come here later.
- A sash of gold silk will trim her dress.
- Soap can wash most dirt away.
- That move means the game is over.
- He wrote down a long list of items.
- A siege will crack the strong defense.
- Grape juice and water mix well.
- Roads are paved with sticky tar.
- Fake &ones shine but cost little.
- The drip of the rain made a pleasant sound.
- Smoke poured out of every crack.
- Serve the hot rum to the tired heroes.
- Much of the story makes good sense.
- The sun came up to light the eastern sky.
- Heave the line over the port side.
- A lathe cuts and trims any wood.
- It’s a dense crowd in two distinct ways.
- His hip struck the knee of the next player.
- The stale smell of old beer lingers.
- The desk was firm on the shaky floor.
- It takes heat to bring out the odor.
- Beef is scarcer than some lamb.
- Raise the sail and steer the ship northward.
- The cone costs five cents on Mondays.
- A pod is what peas always grow in.
- Jerk the dart from the cork target.
- No cement will hold hard wood.
- We now have a new base for shipping.
- The list of names is carved around the base.
- The sheep were led home by a dog.
- Three for a dime, the young peddler cried.
- The sense of smell is better than that of touch.
- No hardship seemed to keep him sad.
- Grace makes up for lack of beauty.
- Nudge gently but wake her now.
- The news struck doubt into restless minds.
- Once we stood beside the shore.
- A chink in the wall allowed a draft to blow.
- Fasten two pins on each side.
- A cold dip restores health and zest.
- He takes the oath of office each March.
- The sand drifts over the sill of the old house.
- The point of the steel pen was bent and twisted.
- There is a lag between thought and act.
- Seed is needed to plant the spring corn.
- Draw the chart with heavy black lines.
- The boy owed his pal thirty cents.
- The chap slipped into the crowd and was lost.
- Hats are worn to tea and not to dinner.
- The ramp led up to the wide highway.
- Beat the dust from the rug onto the lawn.
- Say it slow!y but make it ring clear.
- The straw nest housed five robins.
- Screen the porch with woven straw mats.
- This horse will nose his way to the finish.
- The dry wax protects the deep scratch.
- He picked up the dice for a second roll.
- These coins will be needed to pay his debt.
- The nag pulled the frail cart along.
- Twist the valve and release hot steam.
- The vamp of the shoe had a gold buckle.
- The smell of burned rags itches my nose.
- Xew pants lack cuffs and pockets.
- The marsh will freeze when cold enough.
- They slice the sausage thin with a knife.
- The bloom of the rose lasts a few days.
- A gray mare walked before the colt.
- Breakfast buns are fine with a hot drink.
- Bottles hold four kinds of rum.
- The man wore a feather in his felt hat.
- He wheeled the bike past. the winding road.
- Drop the ashes on the worn old rug.
- The desk and both chairs were painted tan.
- Throw out the used paper cup and plate.
- A clean neck means a neat collar.
- The couch cover and hall drapes were blue.
- The stems of the tall glasses cracked and broke.
- The wall phone rang loud and often.
- The clothes dried on a thin wooden rack.
- Turn on the lantern which gives us light.
- The cleat sank deeply into the soft turf.
- The bills were mailed promptly on the tenth of the month.
- To have is better than to wait and hope.
- The price is fair for a good antique clock.
- The music played on while they talked.
- Dispense with a vest on a day like this.
- The bunch of grapes was pressed into wine.
- He sent the figs, but kept the ripe cherries.
- The hinge on the door creaked with old age.
- The screen before the fire kept in the sparks.
- Fly by night, and you waste little time.
- Thick glasses helped him read the print.
- Birth and death mark the limits of life.
- The chair looked strong but had no bottom.
- The kite flew wildly in the high wind.
- A fur muff is stylish once more.
- The tin box held priceless stones.
- We need an end of all such matter.
- The case was puzzling to the old and wise.
- The bright lanterns were gay on the dark lawn.
- We don’t get much money but we have fun.
- The youth drove with zest, but little skill.
- Five years he lived with a shaggy dog.
- A fence cuts through the corner lot.
- The way to save money is not to spend much.
- Shut the hatch before the waves push it in.
- The odor of spring makes young hearts jump.
- Crack the walnut with your sharp side teeth.
- He offered proof in the form of a lsrge chart.
- Send the stuff in a thick paper bag.
- A quart of milk is water for the most part.
- They told wild tales to frighten him.
- The three story house was built of stone.
- In the rear of the ground floor was a large passage.
- A man in a blue sweater sat at the desk.
- Oats are a food eaten by horse and man.
- Their eyelids droop for want. of sleep.
- The sip of tea revives his tired friend.
- There are many ways to do these things.
- Tuck the sheet under the edge of the mat.
- A force equal to that would move the earth.
- We like to see clear weather.
- The work of the tailor is seen on each side.
- Take a chance and win a china doll.
- Shake the dust from your shoes, stranger.
- She was kind to sick old people.
- The dusty bench stood by the stone wall.
- The square wooden crate was packed to be shipped.
- We dress to suit the weather of most days.
- Smile when you say nasty words.
- A bowl of rice is free with chicken stew.
- The water in this well is a source of good health.
- Take shelter in this tent, but keep still.
- That guy is the writer of a few banned books.
- The little tales they tell are false.
- The door was barred, locked, and bolted as well.
- Ripe pears are fit for a queen’s table.
- A big wet stain was on the round carpet.
- The kite dipped and swayed, but stayed aloft.
- The pleasant hours fly by much too soon.
- The room was crowded with a wild mob.
- This strong arm shall shield your honor.
- She blushed when he gave her a white orchid.
- The beetle droned in the hot June sun.
- Press the pedal with your left foot.
- Neat plans fail without luck.
- The black trunk fell from the landing.
- The bank pressed for payment of the debt.
- The theft of the pearl pin was kept secret.
- Shake hands with this friendly child.
- The vast space stretched into the far distance.
- A rich farm is rare in this sandy waste.
- His wide grin earned many friends.
- Flax makes a fine brand of paper.
- Hurdle the pit with the aid of a long pole.
- A strong bid may scare your partner stiff.
- Even a just cause needs power to win.
- Peep under the tent and see the clowns.
- The leaf drifts along with a slow spin.
- Cheap clothes are flashy but don’t last.
- A thing of small note can cause despair.
- Flood the mails with requests for this book.
- A thick coat of black paint covered all.
- The pencil was cut to be sharp at both ends.
- Those last words were a strong statement.
- He wrote his name boldly at the top of tile sheet.
- Dill pickles are sour but taste fine.
- Down that road is the way to the grain farmer.
- Either mud or dust are found at all times.
- The best method is to fix it in place with clips.
- If you mumble your speech will be lost.
- At night the alarm roused him from a deep sleep.
- Read just what the meter says.
- Fill your pack with bright trinkets for the poor.
- The small red neon lamp went out.
- Clams are small, round, soft, and tasty.
- The fan whirled its round blades softly.
- The line where the edges join was clean.
- Breathe deep and smell the piny air.
- It matters not if he reads these words or those.
- A brown leather bag hung from its strap.
- A toad and a frog are hard to tell apart.
- A white silk jacket goes with any shoes.
- A break in the dam almost caused a flood.
- Paint the sockets in the wall dull green.
- The child crawled into the dense grass.
- Bribes fail where honest men work.
- Trample the spark, else the flames will spread.
- The hilt. of the sword was carved with fine designs.
- A round hole was drilled through the thin board.
- Footprints showed the path he took up the beach.
- She was waiting at my front lawn.
- A vent near the edge brought in fresh air.
- Prod the old mule with a crooked stick.
- It is a band of steel three inches wide.
- The pipe ran almost the length of the ditch.
- It was hidden from sight by a mass of leaves and shrubs.
- The weight. of the package was seen on the high scale.
- Wake and rise, and step into the green outdoors.
- The green light in the brown box flickered.
- The brass tube circled the high wall.
- The lobes of her ears were pierced to hold rings.
- Hold the hammer near the end to drive the nail.
- Next Sunday is the twelfth of the month.
- Every word and phrase he speaks is true.
- He put his last cartridge into the gun and fired.
- They took their kids from the public school.
- Drive the screw straight into the wood.
- Keep the hatch tight and the watch constant.
- Sever the twine with a quick snip of the knife.
- Paper will dry out when wet.
- Slide the catch back and open the desk.
- Help the weak to preserve their strength.
- A sullen smile gets few friends.
- Stop whistling and watch the boys march.
- Jerk the cord, and out tumbles the gold.
- Slidc the tray across the glass top.
- The cloud moved in a stately way and was gone.
- Light maple makes for a swell room.
- Set the piece here and say nothing.
- Dull stories make her laugh.
- A stiff cord will do to fasten your shoe.
- Get the trust fund to the bank early.
- Choose between the high road and the low.
- A plea for funds seems to come again.
- He lent his coat to the tall gaunt stranger.
- There is a strong chance it will happen once more.
- The duke left the park in a silver coach.
- Greet the new guests and leave quickly.
- When the frost has come it is time for turkey.
- Sweet words work better than fierce.
- A thin stripe runs down the middle.
- A six comes up more often than a ten.
- Lush fern grow on the lofty rocks.
- The ram scared the school children off.
- The team with the best timing looks good.
- The farmer swapped his horse for a brown ox.
- Sit on the perch and tell the others what to do.
- A steep trail is painful for our feet.
- The early phase of life moves fast.
- Green moss grows on the northern side.
- Tea in thin china has a sweet taste.
- Pitch the straw through the door of the stable.
- The latch on the beck gate needed a nail.
- The goose was brought straight from the old market.
- The sink is the thing in which we pile dishes.
- A whiff of it will cure the most stubborn cold.
- The facts don’t always show who is right.
- She flaps her cape as she parades the street.
- The loss of the cruiser was a blow to the fleet.
- Loop the braid to the left and then over.
- Plead with the lawyer to drop the lost cause.
- Calves thrive on tender spring grass.
- Post no bills on this office wall.
- Tear a thin sheet from the yellow pad.
- A cruise in warm waters in a sleek yacht is fun.
- A streak of color ran down the left edge.
- It was done before the boy could see it.
- Crouch before you jump or miss the mark.
- Pack the kits and don’t forget the salt.
- The square peg will settle in the round hole.
- Fine soap saves tender skin.
- Poached eggs and tea must suffice.
- Bad nerves are jangled by a door slam.
- Ship maps are different from those for planes.
- Dimes showered down from all sides.
- They sang the same tunes at each party.
- The sky in the west is tinged with orange red.
- The pods of peas ferment in bare fields.
- The horse balked and threw the tall rider.
- The hitch between the horse and cart broke.
- Pile the coal high in the shed corner.
- The gold vase is both rare and costly.
- The knife was hung inside its bright sheath.
- The rarest spice comes from the far East.
- The roof should be tilted at a sharp slant.
- A smatter of French is worse than none.
- The mule trod the treadmill day and night.
- The aim of the contest is to raise a great fund.
- To send it. now in large amounts is bad.
- There is a fine hard tang in salty air.
- Cod is the main business of the north shore.
- The slab was hewn from heavy blocks of slat’e.
- Dunk the stale biscuits into strong drink.
- Hang tinsel from both branches.
- Cap the jar with a tight brass cover.
- The poor boy missed the boat again.
- Be sure to set the lamp firmly in the hole.
- Pick a card and slip it. under the pack.
- A round mat will cover the dull spot.
- The first part of the plan needs changing.
- The good book informs of what we ought to know.
- The mail comes in three batches per day.
- You cannot brew tea in a cold pot.
- Dots of light betrayed the black cat.
- Put the chart on the mantel and tack it down.
- The night shift men rate extra pay.
- The red paper brightened the dim stage.
- See the player scoot to third base.
- Slide the bill between the two leaves.
- Many hands help get the job done.
- We don’t like to admit our small faults.
- No doubt about the way the wind blows.
- Dig deep in the earth for pirate’s gold.
- The steady drip is worse than a drenching rain.
- A flat pack takes less luggage space.
- Green ice frosted the punch bowl.
- A stuffed chair slipped from the moving van.
- The stitch will serve but needs to be shortened.
- A thin book fits in the side pocket.
- The gloss on top made it unfit to read.
- The hail pattered on the burnt brown grass.
- Seven seals were stamped on great sheets.
- Our troops are set to strike heavy blows.
- The store was jammed before the sale could start.
- It was a bad error on the part of the new judge.
- One step more and the board will collapse.
- Take the match and strike it against your shoe.
- The pot boiled, but the contents failed to jell.
- The baby puts his right foot in his mouth.
- The bombs left most of the town in ruins.
- Stop and stare at the hard working man.
- The streets are narrow and full of sharp turns.
- The pup jerked the leash as he saw a feline shape.
- Open your book to the first page.
- Fish evade the net, and swim off.
- Dip the pail once and let it settle.
- Will you please answer that phone.
- The big red apple fell to the ground.
- The curtain rose and the show was on.
- The young prince became heir to the throne.
- He sent the boy on a short errand.
- Leave now and you will arrive on time.
- The corner store was robbed last night.
- A gold ring will please most any girl.
- The long journey home took a year.
- She saw a cat in the neighbor’s house.
- A pink shell was found on the sandy beach.
- Small children came to see him.
- The grass and bushes were wet with dew.
- The blind man counted his old coins.
- A severe storm tore down the barn.
- She called his name many times.
- When you hear the bell, come quickly.